These days, the more you talk to literary agents and book publishers, the more you hear them say, “We want authors who can bring a large online audience to support their book sales.” Some even say, “We want authors who are list-building machines,” which means building an email list with over 10,000, 50,000, or 100,000 subscribers.
Gone are the days when authors just write a book and turn it into the publisher. Authors with a platform are viewed as a vital part to a book’s marketing plan. Here are five reasons why you should make building an online audience a top priority:
- It’s the best way to mass communicate with a lot of people both inexpensively and effectively.
- When a lot of people follow you, it’s easier to create more sales of your current products and services, which means more money in your pocket.
- If you’ve ever dreamed of becoming a bestselling author, the key is to generate a lot of pre-orders before your book launch. A large online audience is the best way to secure those much-needed pre-orders.
- Imagine launching new products and services that are almost guaranteed to sell! A large group of followers represents a ton of potential customers for anything you create – which also represents more money for you.
- Finally, one of the most important–but most overlooked–reasons to build an online audience is this: Other people will want to partner with you, because you have what they want – a big audience! When you build a big audience, other people and organizations will generally become much more friendly and open to partnering with you. They will willingly help promote your stuff, because they see you as an ally who can trade favors to help them promote their stuff, too. It goes back to the good ole’ adage of “I’ll scratch your back, if you scratch mine.” But, if you don’t have a big online community, you can’t scratch anyone’s back.
Do you know how to build a large online audience? Are you positioning yourself and your organization as worth following by other people? Do you have at least 10,000 followers and growing?
If you’re struggling in this area, we’re excited at Allume to feature Rob Eagar’s easy-to-follow 4-part video course called, How to Build a Massive Online Audience. Rob is an instructor at this year’s Allume Conference and one of the few marketing consultants who has helped create three different types of New York Times bestsellers, including new fiction, new non-fiction, and backlist non-fiction.
With Rob’s expert instruction, it’s possible to attract a lot more people than you might think! Here are the details about what you’ll learn in each of his 15-minute, info-packed, videos:
Part 1 – Learn how to position yourself as an object of interest so people follow you.
Part 2 – Discover how to use free content to entice people to join your audience.
Part 3 – Tips and techniques to create tools that increase your subscriber rates.
Part 4 – Best practices to connect with your audience and boost product sales.
After you’ve finished Rob’s 4-part video course along with the helpful exercises he provides, you’ll be well on your way to building an online audience.
- Imagine thousands of people responding to any message that you send out.
- Imagine launching new products and services to thousands of people who are ready to buy.
Purchase Rob’s video series and start building your massive online audience today!